Friday, Jan. 27
• piece is due today by the end of class – .mp3 and GB file in own folder. See steps posted to share/convert
• Complete and hand-in rubric with self-assessed levels of proficiency identified on rubric.
Thursday, Jan. 26
• piece is due by Friday – end of class – in FOLDER labeled by your last name
• Composing all day
• Complete rubric and prodigious column to receive highest grade – describing your piece. All will hand in rubric with their piece
Wednesday, Jan. 25
• Shared Tom Cascino – GO PRO Creative and Composer video link
• More on John Cage and silence/sound – class thoughts. Videos viewed
• How do these pieces and his concept connect to our work?
• CP – John Cage
Tuesday, Jan. 24
• Viewed Cage’s 4’33” – first 10 minutes of this VIDEO
• Discussion of Cage’s framing of sound. Reverse? Thoughts and connections
• New composer for CP is John Cage, complete Harry Partch
Monday, Jan. 23
• HOM: Attention to Detail – apply in your piece
• CP – Harry Partch. Students received composer pack and expectations were stated.
• Composing the remainder of class or completing CP