Friday, April 8
• Individual detailed agenda for composition
• composing for film or separate piece
Thursday, April 7
• Article Discussion and document in hand – e mail Dave Wiskus, or follow and post on Twitter – WOW – and he already REPLIED to me and now to you! We sent our picture – AWESOME. Is SoundCloud using its members? Fair? Not Fair? Differing view points! LOVE THIS!
• looking forward to his reply and next steps
• Viewed Amanda Palmer’s TED Talk – discussion
• What is the value of intellectual property? Are we in a transition from how we show value – monetary? Thoughts – old school/new school for recording artists. How do we bridge the gap? What is the next item/thing that will be free, like music is becoming for some? What is something’s value?
Discussion outcome: Something comes of value when an emotional connection is made with it.
Wednesday, April 6
• Agenda – personal – identify areas of completion
• See HW for tomorrow – response to this article: To SoundCloud
due tomorrow – printed, in hand –
Tuesday, April 5
• Writing agendas – quality content
• NAfME and TI:ME music competitions- the docs were sent via e mail to all and you each received hard copies. All students are required to enter the TI:ME contest – it is free – and due by April 30th
• HW – SoundCloud response to this attached article. Choose to respond to his post with quotes from his writing OR – write a tweet to Sound Cloud pro or con – DUE THURSDAY printed and in hand. Please write in google doc first for edits. To SoundCloud
• Melody and/or Harmony check off
• piece should contain: modulation and development of main melody
Monday, April 4
• General Agendas and detailed agendas – by individual each day
• Return manuscripts
• Piece due mid next week – 15″ of complete score is due a week later
• CALL WAITING UPDATES