Wednesday, Feb. 10 – Thursday, Feb. 11
• CP – Max Roach – percussionist
• CP – Dave Grohl – percussionist
• complete composition of record rhythm tree and get this checked off.
• continue complementary percussion ensembles notation and composition. Record and notate at the same time. Layer 4 parts. Add other loops to enhance (melodic, etc.)
Tuesday, Feb. 9
• subdivisions: 16ths, 8ths, quarters, halves, wholes, and rests – sketched on paper and correlated to GB
• demo and model of recording the rhythm tree and its subdivisions. Goal: notate and associate subdivisions, and compose with exact notation and duration.
• compose and record rhythm tree and get checked off.
• Begin complementary percussion ensembles notation and composition. Record and notate at the same time. Layer 4 parts.
Monday, Feb. 8
• Goal/agenda sheet – new – explain
• papers returned with compositions
• Rhythm groups for Fluid Note Reading
• Performance for each group and as a large ensemble
• Notate your rhythm