Friday, Feb. 5
• Response to a posted peer blog
• Article discussion
• Minimalism techniques: minimalism techniques to view and hear
take notes on movie above and add to notes from yesterday’s minimalism reserach
• Handout given on Minimalism – quiz on Monday regarding its content and the notes taken this week.
• Viewed first 20 min. of Koyaanisqatsi
• Steven Reich: BBC Interview
• Koyaanisqatsi: Koyaanisqatsi film information
• Koyaanisqatsi: Koyaanisqatsi music notes
3B – working on Latin piece – writing melody for approval, followed by harmony approval.
Thursday, Feb. 4 – 3A/B
• Listened to every students’ texture examples.
• Manuscript for textures with labeled chords (I, ii, etc.) handed in
Wednesday, Feb. 3
• Complete textures – notated and recorded. Sharing in class
• Click on Trial Blog
• 3B – percussion notation due by tomorrow
• 3A and 3B continue and complete
Tuesday, Feb. 2
Comp 3A: View more texture examples – Overall Information
Complete texture notation and recordings. (monophony, homophony, heterophony, polyphony). Notate each example and analyze chords. Label all chords
• Share all with the class – each student – due by end of class on Wed.
• Musicians – the Innovators Homework – article – Post blog response on Google Classroom by Friday. See blog rubric
Comp 3B: continue writing: Drum Kit notation – back beat pattern (4 ms.) followed by 8 measure solo. Next Piece – Latin rhythm backing of choice
• Musicians – the Innovators Homework – article – Post blog response on Google Classroom by Friday
Monday, Feb. 1
Comp 3A: Introduction to texture – handout and share. View Video: Musical Texture
• Using homework melody created – notate example of each texture. Create on Logic. (monophony, homophony, heterophony, polyphony). Analyze chords and label.
• Handout – time periods – for continued work on Google Doc
Comp 3B: Begin writing: Drum Kit notation – traditional back beat pattern (4 ms.) followed by 8 measure solo. Handout – drum kit notation. Research notation, solos, listen to various solos, brainstrom and create.