• What is sound – answered questions, shared info., discussed the properties of sounds and translated those to the elements of music
• D. Code of Conduct completed by ALMOST all 🙂
• Composer Pack – JOHN CAGE – watched 4’33” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7UK-6aaNA and discussed the concept of sound and silence. More on Tuesday
• Definitions of elements – QUIZ
Wednesday, Jan. 13
• Our wordle picture – students created a list of personal/character skills needed to create a group composition • Wordle took care of the rest – the most mentioned word is the largest
• videos of pieces are on site!
• what is sound? Energy – –
• Listening walk – auditory discrimination skills – parceling sound to understand and determine timbre. Attack, delay, sustain, decay. Drawing sound and how it can be SEEN or created with line design and shape. Not actual object. Abstract
• Computer check out! Yay! Sign in, desktop, log off policy, two hands, desks, food/water rules, etc..
• VIDEO – sine waves through visualization. youtube video – water and sound wave.
Tuesday, Jan. 12
• completed headline compositions in collaborative groups – application of the elements of music. Defined all elements for quiz on THURSDAY
• Performed compositions in groups – check out the social skills you determined as important to accomplish this task. LOVE THIS – see the featured image!
• Reviewed the elements of music with definitions and shared
• CYMATICS – beginning the understanding of SOUND – TED talk on CYMATICS –
Monday, Jan. 11
• Digital Code of Conduct – hand this in please
• Sign the syllabus – click HERE – online syllabus – click here and sign
• Compose in your groups – defining and adding elements to the piece
• Quiz on TUESDAY – spelling list
• Quiz on THURSDAY – elements defined