Friday, Nov. 14
• New hand out – using GB screen shots, notate the rhythms with ties into beat inclusive rhythms, THEN notate with note heads, correct stems and bars, on the staves.
• Record each on ONE GB track.
• MUST finish he rhythm and pitch for MONDAY’s class – HW if it is not finished.
Thursday, Nov. 13
• Students continue recording
• Group instruction on stem direction and apply to new assignment
• Group instruction on reading 16th subdivisions and TIES across the beats. All rhythm must be BEAT inclusive and must visually fall within the beat. As a class, complete the Garageband screen shots. Notate these above screen shots in rhythm only and then transfer to pitch on the staves with correct stems
Wednesday, Nov. 12
• Students redraw the xylophone and notate all pitches – especially enharmonic tones
• Record musical alphabet words – 5 words using quarter notes, 5 words using 8th notes, 5 words using 16th notes, 10 words mixing quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes
Tueday, Nov. 11
• Holiday – no school
Monday, Nov. 10
• Award given to the most words notated – 88!!!
• Homework due – 25 words on the staff with the musical alphabet
• Pitch support –
• Record each word