Friday, Sept. 12:
DUE TODAY BY THE END OF CLASS:
• final draft manuscript
• DROP your GB and iTunes file on my main computer in Comp 2 folder
• Chord inversions due on MONDAY with roman numerals
• Composer: ANY LIVING FILM COMPOSER – your choice – do not use wikipedia – and please use your own language.
Thurs., Sept. 11
• Hand in homework
• Reviewed inversions
• DUE TOMORROW: GB and iTunes file Lastname_Name of piece
• Final draft of manuscript due tomorrow
• Fluid note reading
• COMPOSER to do!
Wed., Sept. 10
• REVIEW inversions- homework due today is CHORDS – ROMAN NUMERALS only for HW
• Inversions due on MONDAY – will hand out tomorrow
• Received manuscript paper. Final manuscript due on FRIDAY at end of class
• Fluid reading test
• Composer packets received
• Complete TEST and homework corrections
Tuesday, Sept. 9
• Reading response is due tomorrow! 3 questions and 4 ‘Makes Me think of…” to this reading:
• Fluid note reading
• Chords in major scale
• TEST CORRECTIONS to raise your score 🙂 due tomorrow – please complete and I would be happy to increase your scores!
• In the Learning Lounge Today: Roman Numerals, scale steps, chords, chord inversions.
1. write out 2-3 octaves of the musical alphabet
A B C D E F G A B C D E F G A B C D E F G
2. Write down the notes of the chord you see in LETTER names: example-from the bottom of the
chord to the top of the chord: B D G
3. Rearrange the notes you see to find a line/line/line or a space/space/space chord pattern.
You see: B D G – but in root position they would be: G B D –
4. What chord is this: V Chord in 1st Inversion: V6
• HOMEWORK due on THURSDAY – What Roman Numeral are the chords in ROOT POSITION. No inversions –
Monday, Sept. 8
• Wow – this is a MUST read in CLASS TODAY! here is the link: http://goo.gl/bwHeSV
Technology IS the music industry
• Music Streaming – and Royalties: http://goo.gl/ShJd82 – writing 3 questions and 4 ‘Makes me think of’ in response to the reading: DUE ON WEDNESDAY
• HW: Due Wednesday – response to reading from Music Streaming
• Why is Repetition Important? Why do we seek it? http://goo.gl/vfttGf