Wednesday, Feb. 12
• Composer of Insidious Score: Joseph Bishara -(American Composer) identify what he does in his music to create a sense of ‘fear’ or tension/release.
check out his webpage! http://www.jbishara.com
• Receive ‘Terror’ Rubric – link here:
RUBRIC terror composition 1
• Identify major or minor sound – your choice!
• Favorite loops
• Remember – all percussion parts must be created by YOU – no loops
• Work without interruption
Here is Joseph Bishara’s Insidious music:
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• Complete composer pack – J.S.Bach, Camille Saint Saëns, Josh
• Used MAudio Pianos today! Woot! Woot!
• Identify how a composer creates tension and ‘fear’
• complete check off with Ms Fennell – grid to notation and recording
• Choose loops and begin piece
• Allow the rubric to guide your work!
Monday, Feb. 10
• CP – J.S. Bach – Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
Listen and discuss – what techniques did he use to create tension and resolution?
• peruse loops to begin ‘classical terror’ piece
• record notation on paper and have teacher check off for understanding
• notate own patterns on graph paper and transfer to standard notation
• notate and record 8 count patterns for second check off