Friday, Jan. 31st
• compose and work on piece
Thursday, Jan. 30th
• Note reading in under 1 minute
• Listening to interview of Steve Reich and “Different Trains”
• piano playing test
• return papers
• shifting accents?
• compose and work
• Composer due today from GRAMMY list
Composer Packet due on Friday – homework
Name of Composer
Title of piece in quotation marks
Category of music
• Choose any piece on the pdf of GRAMMY nominations and winners
• Write 3-4 sentence biography of the composer
• Locate and listen to the identified piece of music on youtube or the web
• Describe the piece you chose (3-4 sentences)
• Explain in 3-4 sentences why you believe this piece was excellent or deserving of the nomination/win.
• Include a photo of the composer.
• Upload to the classroom google doc.
Wednesday, Jan. 29th
• Checking for notation of percussion, melody, and harmony
• identifying all choices and correlated to element of art or principle of design
• work and compose
Tuesday, Jan. 28th
• CP – Pete Seeger – please go to website and complete our online composer pack in google docs. Give a brief bio and find a paragraph of lyrics he composed. Paste these into the doc and explain how these lyrics connect to you. Include a photo.
• Work and compose
Tuesday, Jan. 27th
• Connecting from Friday with Substitute. He was GREAT!
• GRAMMY discussion – performances of the evening – significance
• NAMM Show 2014 – new instruments and moments – Music Composition using computers is “WHERE IT’S AT” – We are ahead of so many schools!
• One on One with teacher – checking how the art you chose influenced your music you are creating. Be very clear as to how and what you compose and relate every aspect of your music to the art elements/principles of design.